If you find this information helpful, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.
Though one of its quietest stars, Renee Zellweger is certainly of Hollywood’s most accomplished film actresses of the late 20th, early 21st century. The best Renee Zellweger movies list highlights the Zellweger’s amazing portfolio of titles across a wide array of film genres..
Though she has proven versatile, the top 5 Renee Zellweger movies list heavily emphasizes her most distinctive movie niche, which is the romantic comedy genre.
This best Renee Zellweger movies list features the top Renee Zellweger films of all time, including only films that she has starred in that have already released. In order to be included in this top 5 Renee Zellweger movies list, each film must have been critically and/or commercially successful, had long-lasting impact in entertainment, and Zellweger must have played a prominent role. Author discretion is the final criteria used to distinguish these best Renee Zellweger films.
Top 5 Best Renee Zellweger Movies List
5. Chicago (2002) - Zellweger and co-star Catherine Zeta-Jones try to dance their way to freedom as they play two murderesses in this musical comedy-drama that also stars Richard Gere.
4. Cold Mountain (2003) - A bit of a different character for Zellweger as she portrays the more “average” female companion to lovely leading lady Nicole Kidman, whose carry tries to hold to her love for Jude Law’s character when he goes off to fight in the Civil War.
3. Cinderella Man (2005) - One of the best Renee Zellweger movies in the drama genre, this biographical film tells the amazing true story of down-and-out 1930s James Braddock and his wife Mae. The couple struggles to care for their family during the Great Depression but James perseveres with the heart of a champion to reach the pinnacle of boxing.
2. Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001) - A rare opportunity for Zellweger to play the title character and take center stage in this love triangle comedy drama about an otherwise average woman whose one year love diary leads to two men (Colin Firth and Hugh Grant) fighting over her.
1. Jerry Maguire (2001) - Also among the top Tom Cruise movies, this romantic comedy certainly made Zellweger a household name and remains one of the most icon films in this genre in the last twenty years. She demonstrated a great talent for a gentle, vulnerable leading lady. Also minted pop culture lines “Show me the money” and “You complete me”.
Other top Renee Zellweger movies considered for the list: My One and Only (2009), Appaloosa (2008), Miss Potter (2006), White Oleander (2002), Nurse Betty (2000), Me Myself & Irene (2000), One True Thing (1998), The Whole Wide World (1996), Empire Records (1995)
To add one of your favorites to this top Renee Zellweger movies list, simply add a comment and let us know what other top Renee Zellweger films you enjoy.
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.
You must be logged in to post a comment.