If you find this information helpful, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.
Edward Norton has been a prominent film actor since his major breakout performance in the 1996 movie Primal Fear, co-starring Richard Gere. A two-time Oscar-nominee, Norton has amassed a stellar portfolio of films in just 15 years. The best Ed Norton movies list is a great demonstration of the capabilities of this talented actor.
Although Norton has a diverse portfolio of films to his credit, many films on the top 5 Ed Norton movies list come from the drama and suspense-thriller genres.
This best Ed Norton movies list features the top Ed Norton films of all time, including only films that he has starred in that have already released. In order to be included in this top 5 Ed Norton movies list, each film must have been critically and/or commercially successful, had long-lasting impact in entertainment, and Norton must have played a prominent role. Author discretion is the final criteria used to distinguish these best Edward Norton films.
Top 5 Best Ed Norton Movies List
5. 25th Hour (2002) – Norton plays Monty, a convicted New York drug dealer experiencing the last 24 hours of freedom before he goes to prison for seven years.
4. American History X (1998) – You could easily argue that this is one of the more iconic and talented acting roles of Norton’s career. Though certainly deserving of a higher position on the best Ed Norton movies list, it settles in behind three other great Norton films. The film depicts a former neo-nazi skinhead who tries to stop his younger brother from following the same wrong path.
3. The Illusionist (2006) â€“ Intelligent, riveting and suspenseful, this amazing story presents a famous illusionist (Norton) who defies all logic and attempts to rescue the girl he loves.
2. Primal Fear (1996) â€“ Its not often that an actor’s first film truly stands the test of time and remains one of his best after many years and film accomplishments. Norton portrays a brilliantly intelligent prisoner being defended by Richard Gere.
1. Fight Club (1999) - ***Spoiler*** Also one of the best Brad Pitt movies, this film resonates with fans over a decade later and remains intensely popular. Considered by many on the short list of best films ever. Ironically, Norton is listed in credits as “The Narrator” of the film, in spite of his major on screen role. This is, of course, due to the major plot twist in the end when the audience discovers that Tyler Durden (Pitt) and Norton’s character are one in the same.
Other top Edward Norton movies considered for the list: Pride and Glory (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), The Italian Job (2003), Red Dragon (2002), Keeping the Faith (2000), Rounders (1998)
To add one of your favorites to this top Ed Norton movies list, simply add a comment and let us know what other top Edward Norton films you enjoy.
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.
You must be logged in to post a comment.