If you find this information helpful, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.
Some comedy movies go the extra mile and deliver a boatload of laughs throughout. They go above and beyond simple comedy to earn recognition on the best funny movies list of all time.
To be considered among the top funny movies, these films provide many humorous moments and plenty of laughs. While not an all-inclusive list, this best Funny Movies list of all time highlights ten of the most humorous films in recent memory.
In order to be included in this top 10 list of funny movies, each film must have been critically and/or commercially successful and have long-lasting impact in entertainment. This is not necessarily a ranking, but a collection of ten of the funniest movies ever.
Top 10 Best Funny Movies List (in no particular order)
10. Knocked Up (2007) â€“ Funny film genius Judd Apatow appears throughout this top 10 list of funny films. Knocked Up is one of his best and stars Seth Rogen, Katherine Heigl and Apatow-favorite Paul Rudd in a witty comedy about a man forced to grew up when he knocks up a girl he meets at a bar one night.
9. I Love You, Man (2009) â€“ Paul Rudd and Jason Segel team up in this very funny film that put the word “bromance” into everyday lexicon. Rudd’s character is worried about having no friends as he looks to get marriage and Segel plays the perfect best man.
8. Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) â€“ Segel again shines in a tremendously crude, but highly humorous movie about a man who goes on vacation to sulk after a break up only to find his ex (Kristen Bell) there with her new beau (Russell Brand). Mila Kunis also stars.
7. Groundhog Day (1993) – Bill Murry has a long legacy as on of the top funny films actors and drives this witty comedy about what a man does when he realizes its Groundhog Day everyday.
6. Happy Gilmore (1996) â€“ Some argue that Billy Madison was funnier, but this classic golf comedy is definitely one of the best funny movies ever.
5. Me, Myself and Irene (2000) â€“ Jim Carrey is known as a zany funny man and while this may not be his most prominent film, it is his funniest. Carrey stars as a nice guy Rhode Island cop who develops a funny dual personality when he is pushed to the limit. Renee Zelweger co-stars in one of her best roles.
4. Office Space (1999) â€“ A classic for anyone that has ever worked in a cubicle. A very low-key, but constantly humorous story about a group of guys that get fed up with the doldrums of office work.
3. Meet the Parents (2000) â€“ One of Ben Stiller’s best, this top funny film launched the “Focker” franchise that has seen a new addition this December.
2. There’s Something About Mary (1998) – Any list of funny movies would not be complete without the inclusion of the Coen Brothers. Cameron Diaz is the girl sought after by characters played by Ben Stiller and Matt Dillon.
1. Wedding Crashers (2005) â€“ Vince Vaughn is regarded is one of the top funny actors of the 21st century and he and Owen Wilson team up to deliver tons of laughs in this romantic comedy about two friends that crash weddings and find romance in the process. A must see for any fan of the best funny movies.
If you have other top funny movies that you feel would make good additions to our top 10 best funny movies list, please share with our readers and add a comment indicating what they are.
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating or check out our many on-page advertisements.